Asia Pacific’s Premier International Homeland Security Conference
The highly acclaimed Milipol Asia-Pacific Conference has attracted a world class line-up of international speakers and with over 400 attendees from more than 30 countries expected, it remains the region’s premier Homeland Security Conference. The 3-day Conference is an integral part of Milipol Asia-Pacific, the largest event dedicated for homeland security in the Asia-Pacific region which is supported by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore and the Ministry of the Interior of France.
Themed “Emerging Threats – The Case for Collaborative Public Safety”, the Milipol Asia-Pacific 2017 Conference will expound on how Governments and private organisations can build an effective internal and cross-border collaborative approach in tackling emerging threats to Homeland Security.
The Asia-Pacific region has its own unique sets of challenges adding to the underlying complexities that are continually affecting the existing systems and understanding in preparedness, prevention and recovery. To further complicate this complex landscape are the emerging and fast evolving threats which all combine to set the backdrop of the 2017 Conference agenda.
The Conference will proudly present our 2017 Conference Speakers who are undoubtedly the leading practitioners and industry experts from the Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and the US to map out how stakeholders in homeland security can progressively be involved and evolve to remain ahead of the developing threats.
The Speaker line-up includes the leading people directly involved with the critical response to emergencies caused by acts of terrorism and conflict in countries like France, Libya, Syria, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar and Pakistan. Drawing from first-hand on the ground experiences, our speakers will for the first time in Asia share their tactical know-how and strategic insights on how these well-known incidents unfolded, their response and the effects combined with a reflection on the lessons learnt.
As traditional and unconventional threats ceaselessly evolve, so must the technologies and tactics that counters them. Tactical innovations and cutting-edge equipment technology in CT Intelligence, Critical Infrastructure Protection and Public Safety ICT Systems that best reinforce integrated public safety frameworks will also be presented.
Through keynotes and interactive panels, the insightful programme will expound on three main subject areas and their specific tracks.
- Threats and Responses
- Current and Emerging Threats in the Asia-Pacific
- The Paris Attacks: Told by the key people involved. Lessons learnt.
- Emerging Threats and Horizon Scanning: What next after ISIS?
- Resilience: Preparing the people and community. The need for public and private collaborations.
- Protection and Emergency Management
- Emergency Management: The imperative of greater collaboration
- Public Safety Systems: Latest developments and innovation
- Protecting the Region Through Counter-Terrorism Intelligence
- Prevention – The Critical Precursor of Protection and Emergency Management
- Innovation in Tactics and Equipment
- Intelligence and Analytics
- Use of Drones and Countermeasures Against Drones
- Tactical Medicine at the Interface Between Trauma and Public Safety
- The Evolving Terrorist Mindset
The 2017 Conference is Chaired by Mr Khoo Boon Hui who was Singapore’s Police Commissioner from 1997 to 2010 and INTERPOL President from 2008 to 2012. He left the Ministry of Home Affairs as its Senior Deputy Secretary in 2015 and currently holds advisory and board positions in a number of notable organisations across various industry sectors.
Attend the Conference and be on the pulse with the challenges, discover developmental opportunities, and be adept with the future requirements in the areas of preparedness, prevention and recovery.